Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Experiment: Early Summer Salad

Husband loves salads, but I hardly ever make them for dinner because they just don't seem substantive enough for me. I know that is just all in my head because I was raised on meat and potatoes for just about every meal. But in an effort to please my wonderful man and to eat more fruits and vegetables, I came up with this concoction:



Early Summer Salad:

Green leaf lettuce
Strawberries
Havarti cheese
Pine nuts
Chicken breast
Poppyseed salad dressing

Rinse lettuce and tear by hand (this lessens bruising and browning of lettuce); spin or pat to remove excess water. Cut greens off strawberries and slice. Cut Havarti into bite-sized cubes. Grill chicken breast (I used a Foreman grill and it worked wonderfully!) and cube. Toss together in large bowl. Dress with poppyseed dressing.

The result: Superb! It was so yummy that I can't wait to make it again!

No comments: