
I was at my parents house one night with several of my siblings and their families when dinner time rolled around. I offered to figure out some thing for all of us to eat, and raided my parents' pantry to see what was available. This is what I came up with! It is a take-off of Ravioli with Garlic and Pine nuts (check out that post
here). It turned out very yummy and even won over the skeptics (especially my mom!). Warning: I didn't actually measure anything when I made this, so everything below is just a estimate.
Cashew Penne Pasta
1 pkg. penne pasta, cooked according to directions
1/2 c. butter or margarine
3/4 c. cashews (I used salted ones)
2 Tbsp parsley flakes
2 cloves garlic (the first time I made it, I just used garlic powder...1-2 tsp)
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
Melt butter in saucepan over medium/low heat. Toast cashews and seasonings in butter for 10-15 minutes. Toss pasta with butter/cashew mix. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment