Yes, yes...another salad. We seem to be on a salad kick lately. Husband loves salads, but I rarely ever made them for dinner (with the exception of Taco Salad) because they just didn't seem substantive enough. Granted, at restaurants they were plenty substantive, but I couldn't seem to transfer that feeling to my own dinner table. So I've been trying to change my mindframe and have been trying to create main dish salads. Here is one I made up last night that turned out delicious! I contemplated naming it "Protein Salad" but that just didn't sound so appetizing...
Black-eyed Pea Salad
1/2 head leafy lettuce
1/2 can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
2/3 c. cheddar cheese cubes
2/3 c. turkey lunch meat, cut in bite-sized pieces
1 can sliced olives
1 grilled chicken breast, cubed
Ranch dressing
Toss and enjoy! Also, I think sunflower seeds would have been a nice addition if I would have had them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment