Well, I still had some whole wheat flour left over after the Honey Whole Wheat Bread, so I decided to try my hand at some whole wheat waffles that my mother-in-law makes. They turned out great! Husband loved them and my two-year-old ate almost an entire one himself. (I mean, almost all of both halves!) We topped them with butter, homemade jam, and syrup, of course. They definitely kept our tummies full for longer than their white counterparts. Here's the recipe:
1 1/4 c. sifted whole wheat flour
3 tsp. baking powder
3 Tbsp. brown sugar
3/4 tsp. salt
2-3 eggs, well beaten*
1 1/4 c. milk
3 Tbsp. oil
Sift together dry ingredients. Combine liquid ingredients in separate bowl. Stir in liquids. Bake on greased hot griddle until golden brown. (Can also use same recipe to make pancakes.)
*3 eggs makes the waffles hold together a little better. 2 eggs makes them softer and more fragile. I used 3.
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yum, I'm always on the lookout for new whole wheat recipes. I"ll have to try it!
BTW, that plate brings back a lot of memories! :)
Post a Comment