Here is a super easy and fast recipe for making candied walnuts. I like to keep some of these on hand to throw into salads--adds such a yummy crunch!
2 c. walnut pieces
3/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. water
Mix all three ingredients in a glass dish that is at least 1 qt. Microwave on high in two minute increments, stirring after each, for 8 minutes or until sugar is caramelized. (This only took 6 minutes for me. Microwaves do vary.) Be careful, because they will burn, so if it is getting close but not quite there yet, only put it in for 15 or 30 seconds.
After microwaving, spread walnuts out on a cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick spray. Let cool completely (when I need them fast, I stick them in the fridge and they cool very fast), then break up into small pieces by hand. Store in an airtight container. Enjoy!
Friday, June 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I miss you all of the time!!!!!!! How are Levi and Brinley? How old are they now?
I've loved reading over your cooking adventures! You've racked up quite a tool belt of recipes and techniques I will look forward to at least admiring, if not also replicating. Wish we were cooking together. I love you! Always thinking about you and hoping you've got something cooking...
And hi to Sam! Hi Sam!
Post a Comment